How to take a screenshot or screen recording on your phone it’s very important as a mobile phone user.
Table of Contents
What is a Screenshot?
This is a digital image that shows the contents of a computer display or the interface of the computer screen. Screenshot can also be called Screen capture or Screen grab.
Important of a Screenshot
Knowing how to take a Screenshot or Screen recording is very necessary with your smartphone when performing one task or the other.
For instance, when you are working with your smartphone to fill an online form, play a game, watch movie, access any web page or mobile bank transaction. Then, you want to get the original contents on the interface of your phone screen in order to show or send to someone or have the record for reference purpose.
All these can be achieved with screenshot or screen recording.
Steps on How to Take a Screenshot with Your Phone
- Open the screen that you want to capture
- Use either of your hand to hold the Volume (Decrease) button.
- Use the other hand to hold the power button.
- Press and hold the two buttons simultaneously for some seconds.
- Hold the power button for few seconds and tap the screenshot.
- If neither of the two didn’t work, we can visit the phone manufacturer’s support site for guideline or help.
Go to your Gallery/file/picture and get the screenshot or at the bottom left, you can find the preview of your screenshot depending on the kind of phone.
This process varies depending on the kind of smartphone you are using but it’s the most common step to achieve this on android phone. The images below is screenshot taking using smartphone.
How to Record Your Phone Screen
Using your phone to take a screenshot is amazing and you can as well use your phone to record your screen. This can be achieved taking the following steps:
- By swiping down twice from the top of your screen.
- Then, tap screen record (mostly, you have to swipe right to find it but if not there you can go to edit and drag screen record to your quick settings).
- Select what you want to record and and press start. By doing so, the recording starts after the count down.
- Tap the screen recorder notification by swiping down from the top of the screen in order to stop recording.
To find location of your Screen Recordings
To find the location of your screen recordings, open your phones photo’s app, tap library, and then movies.