Try the following on how to fix a screen that is not working right on Android. We will discuss the likely problems your Android screen might developed, and itemized Steps on How to Fix a them.
Screen Likely Problems
- Does not responds
- Shows dead pixels
- Stays blank
Step 1: Look at your phone’s Display
Important: After you have tried each suggested remedy on how to fix a screen, double-check to see if it resolved your problem.
- Check to see whether your screen is cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged.
- Remove any cases or screen protectors you may have on your phone.
- Remove your gloves if you are wearing them.
- Remove any stickers that have been placed over the screen or sensors.
- Double-check that your screen is in good working order.
Step 2: Look at these Troubleshooting Tips
Restart your mobile device
- Press and hold the power button on your phone for around 30 seconds, or until it restarts.
- You may need to tap Restart on the screen.
Tip: If your touchscreen is still unresponsive after restarting, discover how to restore factory settings on your phone (below).
Check to See if an App is the Source of Your Issue
NOTE: Visit your device’s help site to discover how to toggle safe mode On and Off.
- Switch to safe mode.
- Make a touch on the screen.
- If the screen works in safe mode, the problem is very certainly due to an app.
- Disable safe mode.
- Uninstall recently downloaded apps one by one to locate the app that is causing problems. After you have removed the program that is causing the issue, you will be able to reinstall it.
Examine the Area of your Screen that is Affected
- Touch the screen’s upper left corner.
- Without lifting your finger, slowly drag it to the bottom right corner. Before reaching the opposite corner of the screen, try to move your finger slowly enough so you can count to ten.
- If you can move your Quick Settings bar and notifications all the way to the bottom of the screen, that is a good sign.
There is not a specific spot on your screen that is causing the issue. Learn how to restore factory settings on your phone (below).
- If your Quick Settings bar and notifications appear while you are still dragging your finger across the screen, it’s because you’re still dragging your finger across the screen.
Perform the test once more. Note whether they released at the same spot on the screen if they did so again. Then get in touch with the manufacturer of your gadget.
Disable the Developer Options
Important: Phone settings may differ. Contact the maker of your device for additional information.
- Go to the Settings app on your mobile phone
- Select System Developer from the drop-down menu. Only if you have developer settings enabled will you see this.
- Deactivate Developer option
Step 3: Apply Sophisticated Troubleshooting Techniques
Consider wiping your phone’s data and resetting it to factory defaults.
IMPORTANT: A factory data reset will wipe your phone clean of any data. All apps and their related data will be uninstalled, while any data stored in your Google Account will be restored. We recommend backing up your phone before performing a factory data reset.
- Become familiar with data backup and restoration.
- Find out how to do a factory data reset.
HINT: If you uninstall an app that caused the problem and then reinstall it, the problem may resurface. Please contact the manufacturer of your device.
If you are still having problems, contact your carrier or manufacturer for assistance.
Assist in Preventing a Cracked Screen
You can avoid screen damage by following these tips to help your phone live longer. Even small fractures can expand and cause cracks over time.
Assist in keeping your screen from cracking.
Select a phone case
Protect your device with a case that has raised, rounded edges. Even if another case appears to fit, choose a case made for your phone. Look at some of the examples on the Google Store, for example.
If your phone supports wireless charging, look for a case that supports it.
Invest in a Screen Protector
Cover the entire screen, including the corners and edges, with a screen protector. The screen protector will safeguard your phone from scratches.
Keep your Phone in a Secure Location
- Allowing small children to use your phone should be done with caution.
- When not in use, place your phone on a flat surface to prevent it from falling.
- If you leave your phone on vibrate at the edge of a surface, it may fall.
- Keep your phone away from keys and other hard things that could damage, crack, or crush it.
- Never put your phone in your back pocket, where it could be unintentionally sat on and the screen cracked.
Extreme Temperatures should be Avoided
Avoid exposing your phone to high temperatures, like as leaving it in your car on a particularly hot or cold day.
If your screen is already shattered, do not worry.
Options for Repair
A cracked screen can be fixed. Find out what your repair choices are. Check out How to fix a cracked phone screen at home.
Accidental or typical wear-and-tear damage, such as broken screens, are not covered by the warranty. Find out what your warranty covers.
Kindly Contact us via our Contact page if you need more information on how to fix a Screen that is not working right on Android. Also, check out common mobile phone problems and solutions.