The introduction of 5G technology is as a result of an improvement over the previous 4G Networks. “Can 5G Phone use 4G LTE” has been a common question as a result of this.
MediaTek Dimensity 5G Chipset
The MediaTek Dimensity 5G chipset currently includes the flagship-grade Dimensity 1000 series, and premium 800 series. Also, the latest mid-range Dimensity 700 series. It indicates that 5G-enabled processors will continue to cover more of the smartphone landscape in the future.
Although 5G service may not yet be available in your area, 5G smartphones are an appealing upgrade. This is especially when looking for a future-proof investment. This may leave you perplexed, prompting you to inquire further.
What is 5G and how does it work?
The next generation of wireless network technology is 5G. It will revolutionize how we live, work, and play. 5G networks can be developed using a variety of wavelength bands. This includes low-band, mid-band, and high-band.
High-band millimeter wave frequencies offer more bandwidth available to transfer more data in crowded urban settings. But they require close proximity between cell sites and have limited penetration through structures. Mid-band strikes a mix between speed and range, offering more coverage than high-band.
It’s also less influenced by structures, Low-band spectrum, such as our powerful 600MHz spectrum. This covers hundreds of square miles and can pass through more obstacles than other bands. It results in improved coverage and a stronger signal both indoors and out.
What is the Difference Between LTE 5G and LTE 4G?
Large volumes of data can be delivered more efficiently with 5G than with 4G LTE. This means speedier downloads and the ability to connect to more devices than ever before.
“Can 5G Phone use 4G SIM?”
Yes, 5G Phone can use 4G SIM.
Any smartphone equipped with a Dimensity 5G processor is capable of supporting 4G LTE. And it will almost certainly outperform your current 4G smartphone in terms of connectivity.
All generations of cellular connectivity, including 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G, are fully supported by MediaTek Dimensity 5G chips.
This includes support for the latest 5G SA (Standalone) networks. These are only starting to roll out this year.
A consumer can start on 4G today and simply convert to 5G services at any moment in the future. He/She doesn’t need to change smartphones.
Kindly check out this if you want to know about iPhone 5G and LTE Networks.
Reasons why Dimensity 5G chips are Expected to be even better at 4G connectivity than your current 4G Phone
1) LTE up to Category 18 downlink and Category 13 uplink is supported by the Dimensity 1000 and 800 series chips.
This translates to speeds of up to 1.2Gbps. It is quicker than the majority of 4G cell phones on the market.
- 4CC Carrier Aggregation, 4X4, 256QAM LTE DL Cat-18 up to 1.2Gbps
- Up to 150Mbps LTE UL Cat-13 with 2CC Carrier Aggregation and 64QAM
2) Because of the 4X4 MIMO antenna array and MediaTek TAS (automatic antenna switching) technology. A large number of potential antenna combinations are constantly assessed and changed to provide the optimal connection. This has nothing to do with your location, how you hold the phone, or even which way you face.
They are also likely to be more energy efficient
1) Full modems are incorporated into the same piece of silicon as the other processing components, such as the CPU cores, GPU cores, AI processor, camera processing, and everything else. It lowers the amount of power required to connect.
2) All Dimensity chips are manufactured utilizing the cutting-edge 7nm process, making them small but powerful.
The envelope tracker chip is another component of the 5G platform. It is also constructed on the ultra-low power 12nm technology. It guarantees that every stage is optimized for power and performance.
3) Dimensity products are the only ones with MediaTek 5G UltraSave technology, such as:
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave Network Environment Detection
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave OTA Content Awareness
- Dynamic Bandwidth Part (C-DRX)
- Connected Mode DRX (C-DRX) (BWP)
If you need more explanation on “Can 5G Phone use 4G LTE”, kindly contact us via our contact page. Also, checkout available 5G Phones.
4 Replies to “Can 5G Phone use 4G LTE?”